Kids love to Celebrate and March is the month that everything goes Green and little Leprechauns arrive to celebrate St. Patrick’s day. Join in the fun and create simple celebrations with one of 24/7 MOMS Fun kid friendly ideas.
Fun #1 I’m Lucky to have you in my life because____________!
Each year I cut out Green shamrocks from construction paper then write on them – ”I am lucky to have you because….” .
Each family member is given 6 shamrocks so that they can personalize one for each member of our family ( we have 7 in our family). They write two reasons they feel lucky to have that family member in their life. During our on St Patrick’s day dinner we read them aloud. As the mom I love watching each of their faces light up as their sibling or parent reminds them of why we are lucky to have them in our lives.
FUN#2 – Treasure hunt
Several years ago I picked up small unpainted wooden boxes at my local dollar store, in which I then spray painted gold. These inexpensive boxes have become our annual tradition. We have used them in several ways
1. As table decorations/ favors- fill each box with small gifts ( candy, gift cards, trinkets etc.) then place them at each child’s seat, to be opened during the St. Patrick’s day meal.
2. Treasure hunt - Hide the boxes and create a fun treasure hunt.
3. The Leprechaun trick – On St. Patrick’s night we fill the boxes with goodies then place them in our sleeping Children’s rooms, when they awake in the morning they find their boxes along with a note from the Leprechaun. The note instructs them to leave the boxes the following night filled with chocolate for the Leprechaun ( ME), or he might play a few tricks on them.
Fun # 3 Clover Cash
Simple Steps to Clover Cash fun:
1. Print out the 24/7 MOMS Clover Cash.
2. Print out the Clover Cash redemption card and fill in the prize options of your choosing and what value you want to place on them.
3. Hide the Clover cash and allow your children and/or spouse to go on a clover cash hunt to find them.
4. Give each hunter a Cover Cash redemption card and let them redeem them for prizes .
Extra hour of TV
Extra bed time story
Dessert of their choice
Out for Ice Cream
One no chore day
Family bike ride
Fun #5 Word Scramble
Add fun to your meal time or to yoru child’s lunch by printing off the 24/7 MOMS St. Patty’s Day Word Scramble.
Click here for Scramble.
Click here for answer sheet
* Tip – my high school daughter even enjoys finding these in her school lunch.