Bring a bit-o-luck to the kitchen by creating these shamrock-covered Clover Patch Brownies using our Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix.
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Family Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 pkg pre-made marzipan or fondant
- green food coloring
- green toothpicks
- Bake brownies according to instructions on box. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut brownies into squares.
- Meanwhile, knead green food coloring into marzipan or fondant until desired shade of green is achieved.
- Form small (1-inch) 3-leaf and 4-leaf clover shapes out of fondant or marzipan. Be realistic and make a lot more 3-leaf clovers than 4-leaf clovers.
- Stick clover shapes on top of green toothpicks.
- Insert little bunches of clovers onto each brownie.
LEPRECHAUN KEY LIME CAKE
from: Duncan Hines
Try your luck with our cool, creamy, refreshing Leprechaun Key Lime Cake. There’s a splash of lemon-lime in every bite thanks to Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, lemon pudding, lime slices and Key lime juice.
• 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
• 1 (3.4 oz) pkg lemon instant pudding and pie filling
• 4 large eggs
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup water
• 1/4 cup Key lime juice
• 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
• 1/3 cup Key lime juice
• 2 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
• additional confectioners’ sugar, lime slices and fresh strawberry slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
2. For cake, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup Key lime juice in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
3. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Remove cake from pan onto cooling rack. Return cake to pan. Poke holes in top of warm cake with toothpick or long-tined fork.
4. For glaze, combine 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, 1/3 cup Key lime juice, 2 tablespoons water and melted butter in medium bowl. Pour slowly over top of warm cake. Cool completely. Invert onto serving plate. Dust with additional confectioner’s sugar. Garnish with lime slices and strawberry slices, if desired
1 pkg Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake Mix
1 can Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
Green gum drops
Make/bake cupcakes according to box directions.
Frost with canned frosting
Make shamrocks using green gumdrops. Slice gumdrop into 3 circles, starting at the wide bottom. Use the tiny piece on the end as your stem. Then place on top of frosted cupcake.
Join the 24/7 Moms Newsletter
Never miss a great tip or giveaway again! Join the 24/7 Moms community today!