| 1 large box strawberry Jello
3 cups boiling water
3 pkg. frozen strawberries
1 angel food cake
1 container Cool Whip
Break up angel food cake into pieces and place in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix up Jello with 3 cups of boiling water and add frozen berries. Jell slightly. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour over angel food cake and mix. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 20 2-1/2 inch servings.
Crepes for MOMS
The Magical Melting Pot
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup half-and-half cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter, plus extra to grease the skillet
1. Beat the eggs. Add the milk, cream, and salt.
2. Place the flour in a medium bowl. Gradually add the liquid, beating to eliminate the lumps. If you add the liquid all at once, it will be harder to prevent the little lumps of flour.
3. Add the melted butter and incorporate well.
4. Let the mixture rest for at least 40 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. When ready to prepare the crepes, heat a large frying pan or crepe pan over medium-high heat and lightly grease it with butter.
6. Add approximately 1/3 cup of batter to the pan and quickly swirl the batter around so it coats the bottom. If there are any small holes, you can fill them in with a little extra batter.
7. Cook for a few minutes, until the pancake no longer appears wet and it’s light golden brown on the bottom. Carefully flip it over and brown it on the other side. Transfer the crepe to a plate.
8. If you have the filling ready, place it in the center of the crepe while it’s still in the pan. Fold the four sides into the center and flip it over so the seams are on the bottom and the crepe is square shaped.
9. You can also prepare all the crepes ahead of time, stack them on a plate, cover, and refrigerate them until ready to use.
YUMMY Crepe Filling Ideas
Fresh Strawberries adn whip cream
Nutella (chocolate and hazelnut spread) you can add banannas as well.
Sliced bananas with chocolate sauce and whipped cream or ice cream
Vanilla ice-cream. Topped with chocolate sauce & bananas or strawberries
Rice Krispies Mother’s Day mug
by Tracey Lanter at www.familylifemomblog.com
Mother’s Day is coming! Sometimes we can get it in our head that our children are going to instinctively work at making Mother’s Day great for us. However, we are the primary teacher in their lives so maybe, just maybe, we need to get proactive and help teach them how to esteem us (and other mothers) on Mother’s Day.
For me, the greatest gift I could receive is the gift of making a memory. What better way to make memories with your children than to work on a Mother’s Day project together?
All children love Rice Krispies Treats … I wonder if butter-covered hands in a bowl of Rice Krispies Treat “batter” is just as fun as eating the treats? If a child is standing next to Mom and making something for her (and Grandma) I’m guessing it might just be!
I am embarrassed to admit it, but I forgot how to make Rice Krispies Treats so I googled it and look what I found: Rice Krispies Treats have become art projects!
Snap, crackle, pop!
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Cool slightly. Using buttered hands shape cereal mixture into mug shapes, reserving small portions of cereal mixture for handles. Attach one handle to each mug, securing with frosting. Decorate with additional frosting. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kellogg’s has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter
From: Bright Ideas
- 1 bag M&M’S® Brand MINIS®
- 1 tube (18 oz.) refrigerated cookie dough
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 box confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons egg white powder
- 6 tablespoons water
- Yellow, orange and red food coloring
- 12 (6-inch) lollipop sticks
- 2 cookie sheet pans
- 1 resealable plastic bags
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- Printable template or your favorite flower cookie cutter
- 1 bag M&M’S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies
- 1 bag SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
- 2 (6-cup) jumbo cupcake pans
- 12 jumbo paper cupcake liners
- 3 (1/2-inch) decorated terra cotta flower pots
- What to Do For Cookie Flowers:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet pans with parchment paper.
- 2. Knead the flour into the dough, and roll it out to a 1/4-inch thickness. Using the printable template, cut out 12 cookies, re-rolling the scraps. Transfer cookies to cookie sheet and slip lollipop stick underneath each one.
- 3. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
- 4. Beat the confectioner’s sugar, egg white powder and water until fluffy. Spoon 1/2 cup of the frosting in a resealable plastic bag with a small corner snipped. Set aside. Divide the remaining frosting into 3 cups and tint one yellow, one orange and one red. Spread cookies with frosting.
- 5. Pipe a small circle of white frosting in the center of each cookie and decorate with M&M’S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies using the photograph as guide. Set aside.
- What to Do For Cupcakes:
- 6. Meanwhile, line the cupcake pans with paper cupcake liners and roughly chop 2 cups of SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures. Set pans aside. Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions, fold in the chopped SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures and divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake pans. Bake for approximately 23-27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Spread the top of the cupcake with the chocolate frosting. Press a cupcake into a flowerpot. Insert the flower cookie stick in the center and decorate the cupcake with 2 green M&M’S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candy.