This week for Let’s Make a Meal Mondays I found some yummy alternative pizza recipes.
Pizza Melts from Pillsbury
Ingredients2 cans (8oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
¼ cup pizza sauce or 3 tablespoons tomato paste with basil, garlic and oregano
1 package (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8oz)
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 cup pizza sauce, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet. On cookie sheet, unroll 1 can of dough into 1 large rectangle. With floured rolling pin or fingers, roll or press dough into 12×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
2. Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
3. On 14-inch length of parchment paper, unroll remaining can of dough. Press to make 12×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. While holding paper with dough, turn dough upside down to cover cheese. Remove paper. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on cooling rack 5 to 10 minutes. Move to cutting board. Using pizza cutter, cut into 16 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally. Serve with 1 cup pizza sauce.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
Pizza Calzone from Pillsbury
2 cans (13.8 oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
3 oz small pepperoni slices ( 42 slices)
Additional pizza fillings of your choice
8oz thinly sliced provolone cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce, heated
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 12-inch pizza pan. Unroll 1 can of dough; placing in greased pan. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to edge of pan. Layer pepperoni, mushrooms, olives and provolone cheese over dough.
2. Unroll remaining can of dough. Press out dough on work surface to form 12-inch round. Fold dough in half; place over provolone cheese and unfold. Press outside edges to seal. Cut several slits in top crust for steam to escape. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cut pizza into wedges; serve with warm pizza sauce.
Calzones from Rhodes Bread
Ingredients9 Rhodes Texas™ rolls, thawed, but still cold
1/2 cup diced ham (or other toppings)
1, 2 1/4-ounce can sliced olives (or other toppings)
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (or other toppings)
1/4 cup chopped green peppers (or other toppings)
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup heated pizza sauce
1. Flatten each roll into an 8-inch circle.
2. Combine ham, olives, mushrooms, green peppers, and cheese. (or other toppings of your choice)
3. Place 1/4 cup ham mixture on each circle.
4. Fold dough over (like a turnover) and seal edges with a fork.
5. Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Mini Pizzas from Rhodes Bread
8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
grated mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings as desired: pepperoni, sausage, ham, mushrooms, olives, onions, green peppers, etc.
1. Stretch 1 Texas™ roll or 2 dinner rolls pressed together into a 6 inch to 8 inch circle.
2. Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
3. Spread each roll with sauce and cover with desired toppings. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
Over at Pampered Chef recipes I found this yummy Breadstick recipe www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/pampered-chef-recipes/pizza-breadsticks.htm
Pizza Breadsticks from Pampered Chef
1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated French bread dough
1 Tablespoon olive oil 2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 Cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 Teaspoon dried oregano
1 (8-ounce) can pizza sauce
Directions1. Unroll the bread dough. Pat the dough over the bottom of a 12×5-inch baking sheet with sides.
2. Brush with the olive oil.
3. Spread the garlic evenly over the prepared layer.
4. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and oregano.
5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Pour the pizza sauce into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on High for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until heated through.
7. Cut the baked layer into long strips with a pizza cutter. Serve with the warm pizza sauce.
Yield: 20 servings
The last pizza treat recipe is one I learned to make when I was a pre-teen, and to this day I still enjoy eating them!
1 English muffin
A handful (about 1/3 cup) of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoons of tomato/pizza sauce
Pepperoni or other toppings (optional)
1. After slicing the English muffin, Toast it.
2. Spread the sauce and place the mozzarella cheese on each half of the English muffin.
3. Top your ‘pizza’ with a few pepperoni slices or other favorite pizza toppings.
4. Place your completed ‘pizza’ on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet in an oven preheated to 350°F.
5. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your pizza, or until the cheese is a golden brown color.
Do you have a yummy pizza treat? Share it with the 24/7 MOMS – email me at email@example.com or leave a comment here on the blog.